Engelbrecht Kruger Attorneys - Tax and Related Matters
Speak to us today about tax consulting services as it it relates to litigation against SARS
· 2 min read
In the event that you anticipate litigation against SARS, or where SARS has instituted court proceedings against you or your company we are able to assist by evaluating and advising on administrative and procedurally unfair proceedings instituted by SARS, including civil matters and assessments raised, and tax savings which may exist for both individuals and companies, including on income earned and expenditure incurred (foreign and local) and where a dispute arose in this regard, existing and prospective financial investments (local and foreign) and where a dispute arose in this area, asset disposal and acquisition for companies and the timing thereof and where a dispute arose in this regard, compliance with tax regulation and legislation and where a dispute arose in this regard, and other advice relating to individuals, companies, deceased estates, liquidations, capital gains tax, donations, VAT, PAYE and customs where a dispute with SARS arose.
Any matter falling outside the scope of Section 240(1) of the Tax Administration Act of 2011 will normally be referred to a registered tax practitioner. These services usually consists of -
Completion of forms
Our tax panel expert offers taxation services with a deep understanding of how important accurately completed tax forms are to businesses and their various stakeholders and assist with the completion of:
- Tax returns for individuals and companies, including PAYE and VAT;
- Request for reason assessment was raised;
- Disputes and appeals against possible incorrect assessments raised, within assessment date not older than 3 years;
- Condonation for disputes and appeals older than 30 days after assessment until assessment date not older than 3 years;
- Payment arrangement requests; and
- Compromise and settlement requests.
Submission of applications
Our tax panel expert offers full comprehensive tax services that ensure maximum tax savings and compliance and submits the following applications:
- Service requests, objections and appeals (within 3-year limitation);
- Tax returns for individuals and companies, including VAT and PAYE;
- Withdrawal of unfair proceedings instituted by SARS;
- Future reduction on existing garnishee orders;
- Payment arrangement, Compromise offer and Settlement offer;
- Tax Clearance Certificate;
- Letter of good standing;
- PAYE credit or refund request for companies holding qualifying learnership agreements; and
- Response to verification letter received.
Follow up and escalations
Our tax expert is committed in the follow up and escalation of:
- Existing service requests;
- Outstanding SSMO queries; and
- Tax Ombud queries.
We are able to refer you to our panel expert, Jessica. She is registered with The South African Institute of Tax Practitioners (SAIT) and the South African Revenue Services (SARS). You may call her directly at 071 471 4940 or contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.